Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Our New Class!

I can't believe we have our class list for the 2010-2011 school year. I am so excited! We are going to have a great year. Today I am mailing out postcards to my new bunch of Ward's Winners.

One big question has been about the nap mat. I am very open to what you use. If you send a mat please send a thin one so it will fit in our shelf designed to hold these. You can purchase or make a cover for the mat (this is optional). If you put a cover of your child's mat please teach them how to put it on and remove it or understand they will need to bring the entire thing home each Friday. It simply takes too much time for me to do this to 20 mats every Monday and Friday. One option is to purchase your child a beach towel rather than a mat. These are easy to store and easy for them to handle. The choice is yours.

I suggest you purchase extra glue sticks and an extra set of water colors while the back to school sales are going on. The water colors are a great stocking stuffer for Christmas.

Please bring your supplies to Open House on August 12 from 6-7. We use community supplies so the majority of your supplies do not need to be labled. Please label your mat, water colors and scissors. Check the school supply tab for more school supply information.

2 comments:

cynlemag said...

Hi Mrs. Ward, my name is Cynthia Magness and Taylor is my daughter. We have a homemade nap mat that rolls up and velcros and while rolled up is about the size of a small sleeping bag. Will this work????

Anonymous said...

It is great to meet you. I am very flexible about the mats. Please bring the mat and let's try and see if it fits in the shelf. If it does then it will be great! I am sure we can make it work.

See you Thursday

Post a Comment